To assure a quality finished product and minimize your cost, please follow these basic guidelines:
- Press all seams flat and trim threads from your quilt top.
- Make sure the quilt is pressed and lays flat to prevent puckering.
- Square-up and trim quilt top to its final size -- measuring the same amount in 3 places in both directions.
- Measure and press backing fabric - it should measure 6-8 inches larger than your top (3-4" on all sides).
Price List - EFFECTIVE 10-1-2021
Our prices are based on the complexity of the quilt pattern. The more detailed the pattern, the more time and thread is used to complete the project. Please see samples in our shop for your choices.
- Simple Pattern = $.020 per square inch
- Moderate Pattern = $.025 per square inch
- Complex Pattern = $.000 per square inch
- Batting (any width) = as priced in showroom
- Rolled Binding = $.10 per inch
- Attached Binding (plus fabric) = $.25 per inch
- Hand Stitched Binding (plus fabric) = $1.00 per inch
- Seaming (per seam) = $10.00
- Minimum Charge Per Quilt (quilting only) = $60.00
- Hourly Rate = $60.00
The long arm machine is a moving piece of equipment. On some occasions, we may experience a malfunction which can result in damage to your quilt top. We will take every precautions to try to prevent this from occurring. If your quilt does not lay flat, puckering may occur. We will alert you if we think this will be an issue to determine if you want us to proceed. Sometimes it may become apparent when the quilt is on the machine and we will be committed at that point to quilt it as it is.
We do NOT rent out our long arm machine. Long arm services can be discussed with Laura in store.
Quilting services can take a few months to complete depending on how busy the store is and how many quilts are in line. Quilting services are first come, first serve.